Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Writer-Mama's Favorite Places

Top Ten Places a Writer-Mama Loves

10. The first sentence of a book.

9. My daughters' bookcase when it is organized.

8. A new blank page of my writing pad. 


7. A new blank page of my writing pad with a piece of chocolate.


6. A new blank page of my writing pad with a piece of chocolate and a brand new book to read.


5. Inside a bookstore.


4. At a cafe table with my journal.


3. Inside an Amazon box when a new book has arrived.


2. Sitting beside my daughters as they write.


1. Inside my daughters' minds as they spin story after story after story.

What are the 10 places you love? 

Amid the Olive Trees picked a wonderful topic this week, so thank you Saretta! 
Join in on the fun at Stasha's The Good Life today for her awesome Monday Listicles!



34 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love this. Especially agree about inside a cafe.

Kiddothings said...

Truly a very intellectual writer-mama's list! You're so funny with the chocolate. Chocolate does make things a whole lot better huh? A great list once again Kim.

Alison said...

Love the blank page with chocolate + a brand new book!! Wonderful list, Kim.

Anonymous said...

Your daughters are very very cute!! Nice pics!!


I love my desk, when I start writing, when I organize and even when it is not organized!!

I also love the keys of my lappy!!

and of course, the couch in Coffee House!!!

with warm regards
Another Author

Stasha said...

What a great list. I was scrolling down and the notebook with chocolate made me laugh. I mean one of those, surprise, didn't see this coming, laughing, wiping my tears kind of funny.
I love your first and last one. Well love them all, but those two stood out for me.
Kim thank you for being a wonderful bloggy friend.

Jessica said...

Great list. Love how they are all related to writing/reading. And it had chocolate. Yum.

Karen said...

Oooo...I'm right there with you! Love where books take us, love where a story spun by the characters in my mind takes me, love seeing the joy of reading on fire in my kidlets. Fantastic list! :>

Angie Mizzell said...

We love a lot of the same things. Especially the inside of a book store and an Amazon box!

Fabulosokids Bruce said...

Great list--reminds me of one that I might have written a long time ago before people convinced me that writing wasn't a real job :(

Anonymous said...

Love the chocolate and coffee themes within the theme. Your daughters are so cute and it would be so much fun to hear a little sound bite of their story telling.

mannahattamamma.com said...

Love watching my kids imagine and invent. If only we could all be so unselfconscious as we worked, instead of hearing that internal editor (derivative! maudlin! you're going to write THAT?)...we'd all be so much happier and healthier!

Kerry said...

Why is the chocolate STILL there in the next picture?!
If it was my photo it wouldn't have been ;)
Great list, oh how I love a bookstore!!
You know alot of them have closed down over here :(

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze - Goodies for a pleasant life said...

Nice photos and nice places :)

Barbara said...

I LOVE this list! And hey, what isn't better with chocolate!?

Crystal said...

Yes, yes and yes to all of these, especially the ones involving chocolate! Lol... Except I don't have any children, so I guess for me, replace your daughters' bookcase with mine, and then for the first two, it could be inside my mind as I'm spinning stories and sitting with my fellow writers in this workshop I take as we come up with stories.

Love it! :-)

K said...

I had to struggle with keeping that piece of chocolate in the photo :)

I am sad every time I hear of another bookstore closing, whether it is an indie one or a chain. I read an article awhile back that discussed the woes of being a bookstore owner. It said it was pretty much the hardest business to make a go off, and yet we all love bookstores so much. I always thought it would be fun to have a cafe/indie bookstore of my own :)

Stacey said...

All writing should include chocolate. For me, good music is also a must. Your daughters are adorable! Great list!

jacqui said...

I could be very happy with any of the things on this list. Now I'm thinking about going to the bookstore with my writing pad and/or laptop and some chocolate!

Great list for any reader/writer!

Sarah Tokeley said...

Aren't your daughters beautiful!

You could have added chocolate to any of those pics for me (except maybe your daughters bookcase!)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

LOVE your list! :)

christina said...

aww super cute list; one of my faves, i think!

Unknown said...

Great list writer mama! I love the one with the chocolate. hehehe. My fave too. And that bookstore pic looks so inviting and dreamy! I can see myself spending all day there.

Jennifer Hall said...

I have a friend who can't be creative without candy so the chocolate was cute. In fact, I'm gonna refer her to your blog!

You commented on mine too, saying you loved my yarn pic. Thanks so much!

Jen said...

This list is fabulous, Kim! Love all of those pictures, too. I need better organization for my kids' books. We have so many of them, and they are just kind of everywhere!
Your little girls are just the cutest :)

K said...

Well Jen, my girls' books are organized (that's just actually one of two bookcases they have), but now my books aren't as I gave them two of my bookcases! Books take up so much space :) Mine are all over the house right now!

Jackie said...

Kiddos, chocolate, writing, & books, what a great list!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

That's a pretty nice list. I can agree with most of these :)

julie fedderson said...

Great list. I envy the girls' perfect bookcase--my boys' never looks like that!

mamamash said...

Great theme! The chocolate was a nice surprise.

Galit Breen said...

Love this. So, so much!

CoffeeJitters said...

I could completely relate to every single item on your list - I love it. Thank you for the unexpected, honest to goodness, laugh out loud :)

Kimberly said...

I know I commented the other day about this post....just wanted to let you know I gave a shout out to your blog and this post on my blog today. I'm enjoying your blog.

Crystal @ PoM said...

Love your list! Inside a cafe would certainly be on my list, too!

Ado said...

What a great list for a writer-mama! I'm into the page w. the chocolate but my photo would've been of an empty chocolate bar wrapper. You showed great restraint in that photo. (-:

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs