Saturday, August 27, 2011

Scavenger Hunt




  1.  Old and New
  2. Night Photography 
  3. Music 
  4. Cheesy 
  5. Sun
My first 'online photography' scavenger hunt!
My images aren't as artistic or original as what you'll find on the link above,
but it's my first attempt so here goes...

1. Old and New
"Palm Reading"


2. Night Photography
"Asleep at Last"

3. Music
"It's a Small World Twinkling in a Snowglobe"


4. Cheesy
"My Cheese-Lover is back to eating cheese after a week of the stomach flu"


5. Sun
"My short shorts aren't short enough"
(this is one from my files, so I cheated here by not taking a photo this week for Sun)



28 comments:

Stasha said...

Love it. Even visually you have the most amazing take on prompts. Your girls are so beautiful. Cheesy and asleep are so sweet! Music was a great idea and the last one is perfect in every way!

K said...

I still feel frustrated though. My art used to be, well, more artistic :) But over the years I've lost that 'eye' that I used to have when I oil painted.

I'm going to challenge myself to keep trying to do a self-portrait since I chickened out this week on it for the music item :)

K said...

Thank you Stasha!! You give me a lot of courage to try new things :)

Kmcblackburn said...

Trying to get a few comments in before Irene knocks out my power...darn you Irene!!!! Welcome to Scavenger Hunt!!!! Believe me, it's addicting :). Love your sun shot...the hue of the whole scene is so "beachy". Love it!

Sarah Tokeley said...

My favourite is the tiny palm.

Cedar said...

Very sweet photos and creative takes on the prompts!

Alison said...

You always have such a great take on prompts. Love all the shots!

Kerry said...

What a cool idea, I love it!
And who wouldn't want to fall asleep in that cosy looking bed :)

Buckeroomama said...

I agree with Kathy --this meme could be addicting! Even if I might not participate in others, this is the one meme that I have to do. :)

Great takes on the prompts. I really love your Night shot.

JustForDaisy said...

Welcome! Your shots are fantastic! I really like your take on old and new.

Anonymous said...

The pics are just great, love the one of the girls asleep...that is so cute.

Tamar SB said...

These are great! Love the cheese and music!

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Cool photos!
I'm a fellow campaigner (short stories) and new follower stopping by to say hello.

Ashley Sisk said...

So glad you joined us - loving the last two shots (even if the last one was from your archives). And your night shot is really sweet too.

Christy said...

I love the snow globe! I would never have thought of that.

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

I love your photographs! you did an awesome job :)

Valeria said...

That cheese shot is cute. perfect.
I love sun as well and how they are having fun.

Gunsside said...

Great shots, and l o v e l y nightshot ;))

Ashley said...

Great job! Isn't this a fun weekly challenge? The kids sleeping is SO cute!

Kimberly said...

Hi, I'm a fellow campaigner stopping by to say hi. Your photos are very fun.

Sarah said...

I have two toddlers so I REALLY appreciate your night photography. :) Such a sweet photo and a great moment for mom!

K said...

Thank you everyone! Your comments are too kind. I still kind of cringe when I look at my photos as I wish I could have been more creative. I'll just blame it on my not-so-great camera :)

Denise Covey said...

Most beautiful photographs. Beautiful girls and so happy.

I see you're in the same Literary Fiction group as I am in the campaign. Welcome.

Denise

Trisha said...

Love the pictures! Nice work.

Nukke said...

Your cheesy and sun photos are most lovely !!!!!!

Have a nice monday !!!!!

Barbara said...

I love your pictures! Your cheese eater is a cutie, I'm glad she is feeling better!

Crystal said...

Lovely pictures! Your kids are gorgeous and I really liked the 'It's a Small World Twinkling in a Snowglobe" pic.

Jen said...

These are sweet pictures! I love the sleeping one. I will do this scavenger hunt some day!

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs