
Mother's Day and Father's Day are 365 days a year.
We receive daily reminders, big and small, from loved ones and strangers that we are appreciated as parents.
For every one time I tell my hubby what a wonderful husband and father he is, I must think it 10 times or more in my head. He rises at 5a.m. after massaging my aching hips and restless legs throughout the night (he and I will both be glad when our baby arrives any day!), goes to work, works hard and achieves the impossible, comes home around 6:30p.m., helps our toddler master dining etiquette, plays with our daughter, bathes her, reads books to her, and sings her a song before putting our daughter down for the night. Then he spends an hour with me before we go to bed, and it all starts over again!
I usually blog about me, my daughter, my life as a writer-mama. My husband is in my blog, quietly in the background as a constant source of strength and love, but I don't write about him directly to protect his privacy and because my love for him is so personal that I want to keep our relationship private. But here, today, I want to shout out a big THANK YOU to my hubby for all that he does for our family! He is incredible and I am the luckiest woman on Earth!
So as a dedication to my hubby, let's hear it for the boys today...
My blog and many of the blogs I read focus on the adventures of being a mother, a writer, or both, but I don't come across writer-dads too often. When I do I enjoy reading what they have to say just as much as any writer-mama, but I haven't found as many writer-dads on the Internet yet. Maybe I haven't searched hard enough, but in my quest through the blogosphere of parents who write I generally encounter more women. If you know of any writer-dads that I don't list below, please give me their links in the comments! Thanks!
Writer-Dads-Men Who Have Something to Say (or Write):
Ca-Joh writes about a range of topics, fitting his blog's focus: emptying my head one post at a time. From fantastic recipes to poetry to his take on daily occurrences, Ca-Joh has a lot to say! His contributions to In the Real World: Venus vs. Mars have given me a lot to think about in regards to relationships and the true meaning of a healthy marriage. Thanks Christopher Johnson for opening my eyes!
Dad's House makes me look forward to the years when my daughter will be a teenager, so that says a lot. I like how his blog searches for honesty, truth, and beauty in life. I learn a lot about parenting and life by reading his blog. Thank you David Mott for sharing with us an insight into the life of a father and writer!
Writer Dad really strikes a cord with me, because many of his posts are literary works about parenting. One of my passions as a writer is producing essays on being a writer and mother, and Writer Dad's blog seems to mirror this in many ways. Each post makes me feel more passionate about writing and being a mother. Thank you Sean Platt for the inspiration!
Blogger Dad is rich in creativity and humor and fun! Each post is different from the last, yet they all tie together as a fantastic read or insight into parenting. The posts are written in such a way that I feel as if I am truly in a conversation. Thanks Blogger Dad for making my blog-reading time so enjoyable!
Captain Dumbass offers thought-provoking ides on two blogs: Us and Them and He Blogs, She Blogs. Every time I visit his blogs I know I'm going to laugh and find inspiration to write, because his style of communicating reaches the reader on many different levels and I love that! Thanks Captain Dumbass for balancing two awesome blogs!
I know my list is short, but these writers have really made an impact on me as a writer and parent. I hope to find more writer-dads-men who blog about parenting and writing, so please pass on any additional ones you know of to me. Thanks!
If you wish to spend a little extra time on my blog today, please scroll down to see a post I wrote earlier this morning! Thank you!
12 comments:
Your husband sound amazing. I LOVE finding new blogging dads.....their perspective is definitely appreciated and loved.
chris is an amazing blogger and blogofriend. he's so smart and incredibly thoughtful.
your husband doesn't sound half bad, either!
Thank you for the shout-out. I am always humbled as to how my sphere of influence reaches out to people.
I know many of the other bloggers as well and do appreciate their writing.
Thank you for a wonderful Tuesay's Tribute.
Thank you so much for the shout out. It took me about six months to realize that's exactly what I wanted from Writer Dad - essays on parenting. Thanks for hitting it so precisely.
Your husband sounds awesome.
I think you listed some mighty fine Bloggers! I haven't heard of all of them but most so I will have to check out those I don't know.
An excellent tribute Kimberly!
If you want a few more male bloggers Daddy Geek Boy
http://daddygeekboy.blogspot.com/
is quite amusing as is Cameron from Get the Stink Off
http://getthestinkoff.blogspot.com/
(soon to be appearing on Venus and Mars)
A couple of those guys are already on my usual "rounds" (Ca-Joh and Captain Dumbass) - I'll be checking the rest, for sure!!
I love getting the male perspective.
(Hoping for a healthy arrival for you guys very soon!)
I am visiting from Ca-Joh's blog. What a nice post for your husband. I am sure he will really appreciate it. I have little blog about my life with a 6 month old son. Stop by and check it out.
Thanks Angie for stopping by and providing us with your Tuesday Tribute blog!
Deb, I too am amazed by Chris's thoughtful posts. Thank you for visiting my blog today!
CaJoh, I'm happy you came by today. I hope by making a tribute to you today that my readers will also be touched by your blog.
Writer Dad, I'm looking forward to reading more of your literary essays! You are a very gifted writer, and dad!
Thank you Andrea! I'm always happy to read your comments :) Hopefully we'll get a chance to actually meet one day when you move back here from Germany! I'm off to go check out the links you gave me for additional writer-dads!
Thank you Em for visiting my blog! We're hoping for a healthy baby, too! I can't wait to meet her.
Otter Thomas, I'm thrilled to find one more writer-dad! Thank you for stopping by and letting me know about your blog. I'll be going over there today!
Thanks for sharing all the new blogs...I'm gonna be up late checking all this stuff out. Your hubby sounds great!
Thanks so much for the shout out and the very kinds words. I think you caught every other of my post, because sometimes rather than search for truth, I write risque things about my dating life :-) (I'm divorced).
I LOVE reading mom blogs, because it gives me insight into how women think - which is very different sometimes from the way I view the world! And this is much needed by me, especially since I don't have feminine energy in my hosue (other than my teen daughter)
Thanks!
kisatrtle, Thanks for stopping by my blog! I enjoyed yours a lot when I clicked over to it!! It's great to find a new fun blog to read.
LOL, dadshouse, the risque things you write about DO speak the truth and that is what I like so much! Your blog doesn't hide behind anything and I think we all find that kind of honesty refreshing and quite remarkable.
Post a Comment