Writers, get the first 1 - 5 sentences of your Work-In-Progress ready for the first weekend in October!
Starting on Friday Sept. 30th you can post a link to your blog through the Hooked on Hooks linky that will be available on my blog, Zook Book Nook.
From Sept. 30th to Oct. 2nd you can link up to have your Hook reviewed by fellow campaigners. The only requirement is to stop by at least three other campaigners blogs to give them comments about their hooks.
The WIP may be any piece of writing (short story, essay, fiction, YA, chic lit, fantasy, article, blog post, etc) that you are currently working on.
This event is made possible through Rach Writes Third Writers' Platform-Building Campaign.

17 comments:
Oh, this is a cool idea for an event! And I do have a work in progress with a rather interesting hook...
Hi, Kimberly, good to meet you.
Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm really looking forward to the campaign.
This idea is super-cool! You will get an awesome response :)
I love that photo! I won't be participating... but just so you know I'm inspired all the same. 2011 is the year I finish my book. Please hold me to that.
Sweet! I shall definitely do that. Can't wait! :-)
I like this! I just hope I remember to do it!
Sounds great! Please send a reminder :)
Lovely idea for the event...I'm not clear whether we can all create our own events, (in which case I can wrack my brains a bit)--- but this one has me 'hooked' :)
Visiting here via #writecampaign
Can we submit multiple entries if we have more than one book, or do we have to pick one? Also, my current WIP is a sequel to an as-yet unpublished book; is it okay to submit a hook for a WIP that's not the first book in a series?
I think posting more than one hook would be great, but you'll probably get more feedback if it is limited to 1 or 2.
I think the hook could be for anything: a sequel, a new piece, a new chapter, etc.
I'll contact all of you to remind you as we get closer to the date!
Hi there.
I'm in you Campaign group! nice to meet you.
Your blog, and this campaign, was recommended to me by Stasha, and I'm glad she did! Great idea, and I'm excited to link up and be a part of it!
One clarification (because I'm a little clueless sometimes): When you say 'hook,' do you mean the actual hook you would write when trying to sell/submit your WIP (like to an agent or editor), or are you talking literally the first 1-5 sentences of the work itself?
Glad to meet you!
Sounds awesome! See you all then! :) If anyone needs help with their hook, Hooked by Les Edgerton is a fabulously helpful book. :)
I think for now we'll focus on the actual hook in our piece of writing, and if this first Hooked on Hooks event goes well, maybe we'll have round two with hooks being the ones in our cover letters!
I joined the platform-building campaign and saw the announcement for this.
****Awesome idea and thank you for organizing this.***
Adding you to my blogroll so I can continue to enjoy your wonderful posts and keep up with "Hooked on Hooks". By the way, do you happen to have a favorite or two that you wouldn't mind sharing?
This seems like such a great idea and I would love to be part of it, so will try and remember to come back in a couple of days. Thanks for organizing it and great to meet you on the Campaign.
I'd love to be a part of this. Great idea. :o)
Post a Comment