Friday, August 12, 2011

The Baby Baby

Dear Baby,

We created you from love Little One.

We discovered your miracle of life shortly before your daddy deployed. So while your daddy was deployed I surprised him by having a 4D ultrasound before Father's Day! From the second I saw your tiny 10 cm long body, I fell in love. You raised your little arms to your face when I gently poked a finger into my belly. Your perfect tiny body held me spellbound.



An enormous grin lit up my face at hearing the technician say "See these three lines, you're having a girl."


Your sisters predicted you would be a girl! And your daddy and I are so incredibly happy and so blessed.

I mailed the 10 minute video of the 4D ultrasound to your daddy, who was half-way around the world. Sitting inside his ship, he watched you come to life on his computer screen and heard every word spoken at the ultrasound appointment.



I got to see you again when you were 20 weeks old. You amazed me by moving so much and displaying your beautiful profile so well for the technician to measure you.



And here I sit with you inside of me. You are 24 weeks old and already I feel you kicking when I put the palm of my hand on my belly.

Who is this little one inside of me?


What will your laugh sound like?


What will make your face shine?

Do you smile when you hear your sisters singing to you from the outside world?

I love you as much as I love your sisters. Your daddy loves you this much, too. We are so blessed and can't wait for you to join our family little one.

We love you!



P.S. Please remember I love you if one day I am screaming at you and your sisters when you are all 18, 16, and 14 and living under one roof, trying to share one bathroom while getting ready for school in the morning.

10 comments:

Adriel Booker said...

Oh, this post just killed me!! Yes, I am pregnant and emotional! ;) I love hearing the love of a mother for a child... and there is just something so incredibly precious when it's an unborn child whom the world is yet to know and appreciate. But there you are - mom - loving her in all of her mystery. And wow, what an incredible Fathers Day gift. That is SO cool that you could actually get a video. Pretty sure that's not an option here in Australia. How special for your husband to get to see and hear everything that you did even though he was worlds away. So, so lovely. :)

mryjhnsn said...

This is so sweet and wonderful! God bless you and God bless your baby but most of all God Bless your darling Husband and girls!

Kiddothings said...

Aww...what a sweet sweet post! And congrats on another girl. I love the p.s. at the end! :D

Anonymous said...

Wow! Kim, what a wonderful thing to do to send to your husband so far away. I am amazed every day at how you handle all that you do and just wish you the best to keep on doing it.

Jen said...

Oh, so sweet!! So will your husband be home in time for the birth? Wow, I didn't know your husband was deployed!
I love the last line about them all sharing one bathroom...I'm not looking forward to the teen years!

Stasha said...

A GIRL!! So exciting. This is so lovely Kim, how I love your writing. At the end you made me laught. SUI, three teenage girls will never fight?!

K said...

LOL, sui Stasha. I surely hope they won't argue as much as my older sister and I did :)

Jen, my husband is supposed to get back one month before our baby is born! So my fingers are crossed he won't get extended.

Thank you Lou for your continued support and encouragement. Now that we are past the three month mark, it feels a lot better to say "less than three months to go!"

Thank you Germaine :) I had to add the P.S. as an after thought, realizing some day my daughters may read this blog about them.

Mary thank you for visiting again today! It's great to find a new blog to read.

And Adriel you made my day by commenting on my blog! I love your blog and check it each day. Your writing is beautiful, so thank you for stopping by my blog!

Ado said...

Oh my goodness, this post gave me chills because it was so very sweet. What a wonderful mother to her you already are. So glad I found your blog. (-:

Alison said...

Kim, a truly beautiful tribute to your soon-to-be born daughter. I had tears in my eyes watching the ultrasound! Thanks for fueling my baby fever ;)

Abi said...

Wow, I got all choked up when I read this- so touching! I have three small children of my own and I have felt the same sense of wonder, delight and curiosity with each pregnancy!

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs