Photo by Christian Montone, used with Creative Commons license.
And that's where my daughters come in. They are my Band-Aids. They help me to let it all out. They help my skin to breathe. Without them, the ends of bad days would fester and sting and never be better in the morning.
The Bad Day: I've been going on three hours of sleep each night for three days. I am starting to lose it.
The Band-Aid: My oldest daughter asks me to take her to the rain forest where I used to live, and I remember. I remember.
The Bad Day: I drop a brand new glass bottle of Worcester sauce in the kitchen, with a puppy at my heals as I bend over my 20 week pregnant belly to wipe it up.
The Band-Aid: My girls knowing to stay out of the kitchen and singing the clean up song for me the entire time.
The Bad Day: Finding sand in the office, family room, hallway, and bathroom from my oldest daughter after I just vacuumed.
The Band-Aid: My daughter telling me she got to go "really fast" on the tire swing at preschool and that's how she got all that sand in her shoes and in between her toes.
The Bad Day: Not hearing from my husband, who is deployed, when communications are down.
The Band-Aid: My girls asking me to tell them stories about their daddy when he was a little boy.
The Bad Day: Reading in the news a story about a little boy's murder as he walked home from school alone for the first time after his parents did practice runs with him.
The Band-Aid: The hugs and kisses my girls give me, reassuring me that they are okay and here with me.
The Bad Day: Recalling every day a memory that still is taking time to heal; less deep but still painful.
The Band-Aid: My girls hugging one another and giggling together without knowing that I am watching them.
Mama's Losin' It Writer's Workshop is today!
So hop on over to her site to check out the links to oh so many great blogs...


9 comments:
This is such a sweet post! I love that your girls can make bad things right.
Beautiful, I love the analogy. It's true, children make everything better.
great post :) It is amazing how kids can make things better
Your post brought me tears and you know what? You're absolutely right! Hang in there.
Absolutely wonderful post, thank you so much for this! Kids have such a great way of making it all better.
I'm going to remember the band aids for the next Ugly Mommy visit.
Thoughts and prayers to your husband and family.
Thanks for the visit, come back soon.
www.cynandco.com
After I wrote this I wondered if my post would come across wrong, like I was using my children to comfort me :) So I'm glad you've all understood what I meant, that the life and joy and love in my daughter's hearts is the cure-all Band-Aid!
What a lovely post. You have a wonderful outlook on life.
This was a really good post.
I know it's hard when your husband is away. Mine is in Korea for a year :/ Although he comes back next month, so that's a plus.
Amazing analogies! Love the imagery.
Post a Comment