Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Week of Twisters

Rocking my newborn last night (she's the only night owl in the house these days!) gave me time to reflect on my blog. I feel like in recent weeks I have strayed away from the main focus of it: the relationship between writing and motherhood. I apologize to my readers if I've disappointed you, and I'm going to get back on track.

To do so, I'm giving myself a week vacation from blogging, so I can think about my blog and its purpose, direction, and value. I've created five twisters (see below) for every day of this week, so there will still be something to read if you'd like to stop by!

This week on my blog I'll be writing one TWISTER per day. Summer is a slow time in the blogosphere and lately my blog entries have been exceedingly loooonnnggg, so to break it up a bit I'm going to try my hand at Twisters. A Twister is the literary form of a Twitter, or a story written in 140 characters or less.

Arjun Basu perfects this literary style, so I encourage you to hop on over to his site to read his stories of 140 or less.

Feeling inspired to give it a shot on your blog this week? Or feel free to write your own Twister in the comments on my blog!

Go for it and write a Twister!

6 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Kimberly, I wouldn't worry about disappointing your readers. Blogs evolve and you should feel free to stray from your main focus if that is not where your mind is at the moment :)

BookLady said...

Take the mini vacation! Can't wait to see your Twisters! :)

kah said...

Thanks for the sweet comment. A new born def warrants a mini-vaca. But congrats on the new bundle of joy!

Unknown said...

Take a much needed rest! I know I for one will still be here when you get back!

Enjoy the time with your beautiful girls. I'm looking forward to your Twisters and might have to give that a shot myself!

Loren said...

The Twisters sound like a great idea, can't wait to check back. Don't forget who you started your blog for- yourself. You are the only writer you have to please, (and I like your blog very much).

Anonymous said...

I've gotten addicted to these twisters and have started writing some myself (http://twitter.com/Brevity24) I'm following a slew of "microfiction" authors including @twae ("Allusions peeked from behind trees. Farce and free verse shyly held hands. Rhyme and Rhythm danced. It was poetry in motion."), @microprose ("A beach ball bobbed solemnly in Elliott Bay, its colorful curves touching the waves tangentially. Cat felt equally misplaced on the yacht."), and @nanoisms ("silence, like darkness, can be kind; it, too, is a language.").

My favorite so far that I've written is this one: "Cheapskate's watery pretense for buying plastic plants: 'We're going green.'"

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs