For those that are new to my blog, I am 9 months pregnant and now I'm overdue. On Friday, my baby's due date, I learned much to my surprise that my baby turned inside my belly and is laying in a transverse position (across my belly). While the news came as a surprise, because she had been vertex for several weeks, it wasn't a new experience. My first daughter was transverse during the last trimester, requiring a c-section in the end. Yet with this baby I was so excited that she was vertex so I could try for a natural birth this time around. Now my hopes of having a VBAC are gone as I have a scheduled c-section for tomorrow morning. The news hit me hard. But after some time I began to focus on the thought that all I want is for my baby to be born and to be healthy.
So much of my being is focused on nature, science, and natural living. After living alone in a little hut in a Costa Rican rainforest for two years, my body, mind and spirit found a deep connection with nature. Although it has been some time since I've lived in nature like that, I still feel the rhythm of it pulsing through my body. It generates a desire to have the experience of going through labor and giving birth to my baby. I planned to use hypnobirthing throughout the labor and delivery, but more than anything I simply wanted the experience of labor. I loved nursing my first daughter and I can't wait to nurse my second. It's just an amazing experience to feel the natural side of our bodies during pregnancy and once our babies are born.
This is most likely the last time I will be pregnant as we hope to adopt a third, and I am grateful for all the things I experienced during my two pregnancies. I only wish I could have had the experience of giving birth naturally.
So tomorrow morning my husband and I will greet our new baby girl! I am very happy and very excited! My heart is so full of love for our first daughter, and I can't wait to experience the feeling of falling in love with a second child again.
Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you'll continue to stop by during this week. I have already written several posts, all scheduled for this week and next. I might not be able to comment on your blogs, however, but hopefully within time I will be able to get back on schedule.
Here are some things to look forward to on my blog in the month of June:
- June Bug Photo-Writing Contest (3 contests involving photos and writing)
- An interview with author Christina Katz
- An interview with author Ann Whitford Paul
- TGIFs meme on Fridays
- And a mix of posts about writing and being a mother
12 comments:
Hi Kimberly, sorry to hear about the 'shift' and scheduled c-section. I will be praying for you and hoping all goes well tomorrow as you joyfully meet your new daughter! Can't wait to see the pictures.
God bless!
OH MY GOSH!!!!! I'm saying prayeres that all goes well, but congratultions and how exciting!! Well, I feel your frustration on your situation - I too had 2 c-sections - first one after 23 hours of attempting normal delivery, then my second was breach. Either way, they are blessings. Can't wait to see pictures!
I had two C-sections too. Can't wait to see photos of Ayla's little sister!
Hi Kimberly!
Wow - how wonderful to know that you will meet your baby daughter tomorrow! I get chills just writing this. I will try not to make you laugh as you go through your C-section recovery.
And thank you so very much for the Lovely Blog award you gave me. I am so humbled by that and appreciative of your support.
Best wishes tomorrow. Fill us in when you can. I'll be thinking of you!
I'll be thinking of you this week and I'm so excited for you. If you feel comfortable, I think it would be amazing for you to write about your birth experience this time around. Best wishes!
I'm saying a prayer for you and your baby.
Hope all goes well with the C-section tomorrow. Sorry the V-bac didn't work out! I'm sure she will be a beauty.
Congratulations! Just focus on the joy and blessing of this new baby and don't worry about the other details....it will all be fine, I am sure :) Prayers and smiles being sent your way.
Congrats on the baby! Two kids are so much fun, especially once they start interacting with each other. It's amazing. Good luck!!
Darn! Sorry to hear about the scheduled c-section. What a bummer! I'm excited for you, though. You get to meet her *finally*!!!! yay!
I had a scheduled C-section, too, and it was so strange to know exactly when the baby was going to be born! I really wanted to experience childbirth, too, but it just wasn't meant to be. I just weaned my toddler, and loved nursing both of my daughters. Enjoy your time with your two little ones!
Dear Kimberly, How disappointing a c-section must be for you. With my first born, I was induced. I was sad to miss out on that opportunity to surprise everyone with that "I'm in labor!" phone call. But, alas, he has proven to be more special than any one thing in this entire world. Heal quickly. Enjoy the new baby. And I can't wait to start reading your blogs again!
Post a Comment