I overheard Negative Nancy complaining to my daughters this morning. And then I caught a glimpse of Pessimistic Pam in the bathroom mirror.
Sure my day started at 4a.m. with a 21 month old who wouldn't stop screaming, for two hours. But why did I have to go all sourpuss on my two older daughters?
Do you sugarcoat your day?
You get the kids to school and drop them off. Sugarcoating the morning with smiles to other parents.
You forgo the gym, because your baby already needs a nap. Sugarcoating your image, what's one missed day?
You make a couple of phone calls for work. Sugarcoating the words with pumped-up energy that you really don't have at all.
I feel so false. Why do I put on this happy face? But who wants to see the real, ragged face?
Certainly not my children. They deserve better. They deserve love and smiling eyes.
But my daughters are the ones who see the real me more than anyone else.
1 comment:
Sometimes you just have to sugarcoat to get through the day. And sometime by putting on the act for others you can actually end up getting yourself to see that things aren't all that bad. As my mom always says, this too shall pass :)
Post a Comment