Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Struggling with Privacy

My voice on this blog has been silent for months. When my father passed away from cancer I withdrew. I deleted my Facebook account (and have been happier without it) and I stayed home more. For some time now I have been thinking about closing down my blog as well.

Why do I write on this blog and hit submit for strangers to read anywhere in the world? So many bloggers have commented on this blog, genuine comments that helped me get through my husband's deployment when I was pregnant with our third daughter and that offered me comfort when my father died. I am grateful for their support, so grateful. But why did I write about all of my 'stuff' in the first place for anyone to read? Why am I writing this now?

To figure things out. To work through my emotional and mental questions.

But in the months that I've been absent here, I have found the sources of viewers coming from foreign websites and I wonder what it is they are getting from my blog. And then I think about what I want from this blog. Yes, it is so helpful to share with other bloggers our ideas, concerns, feelings, challenges, but then I wonder who else is reading this information and what they are learning about me.

So for now I am going to switch on the privacy option for my blog until I reach a point in the future when I feel like coming out from under my shell again.

This post will be up for a few days to say thank to everyone who has ever visited my blog! I appreciate you as readers and bloggers.

3 comments:

KC said...

Kim, I appreciate where you are coming from. I've missed you on Facebook, but I understand why you left, and ultimately you need to do what's best for you. I hope you and the girls are well. We were part of each others lives for such a short time, but it was an important time, and I cherish the memories of the times we spent with our eldest daughters together.
Krystal and Rianna

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Take all the time you need. This is something that someone once told me. I have tried to apply it. Hope you are back one soon.

Angie Mizzell said...

I think you're right to examine why you're here, what all this openness and social sharing means to you... and to what level (if at all) you wish to engage. It's something we all have to think about and determine for ourselves. I hope I use social media as a tool and not give it too much power, but I wonder...

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs