I kind of, sort of, maybe miss teaching in a classroom.
I miss creating quizzes.
I miss taking my sword and slashing through incorrect answers.
I miss wondering what I did wrong as a teacher when students failed my quiz...
My sword these days is still my pen.
My quizzes these days challenge me more than they do my 4 and 2 year old daughters.
And I still wonder what I could do better so my children succeed and triumph over moments when meltdowns are bound to happen.
To relive my 'glory days' as a teacher, I have decided to create a quiz for you today using Monday Listicles topic of 10 Things Quotable!
Except I have a problem, my mind is a little spent these days.
So I'm going to take it easy and rely on the 80's. Those were easier days as I was only a child.
Do you remember those great feel-good movies from the 80's?
I do.
Just pulling up memories of E.T. and Sixteen Candles makes me feel like a kid again.
Well, let's see how you do on my quiz!
19 comments:
This is fun! Also I suck :) what an awesome take on the prompt! Do you do things like this with the girl to miss being a teacher a little less?
Loved this, so clever and fun! Unfortunately, I scored poorly, oops.
That was so much fun! I guess this just proves that I'm a child of the 80's since I got them all right!
What a great idea!!! this was fun! And OMG "Heeeyyyy Yoooou Guuyss" Awww.....LOVE that movie!!! Had fun with your quiz!!!
I got them all right, although one was a lucky guess. I love the eighties :-)
This was fun! But I cheated, I Googled. For someone with a spent mind, you certainly came up with a fantastic take on the prompt. Thanks for making me feel like I was in school again, although this time it was so much more fun! :)
Oh I loved this! But darn it all, I only got 6 of 'em! Hahaha. You made me want to watch all those movies all over again! My favorite: "Anyone? Anyone?" Haha!
This was so much fun! I didn't do well, but I really enjoyed it.
That was fun, thanks Kim!
Totally rad idea!
Like my use of '80s slang there?
I only got 1 wrong - Yay!
Seven out of ten... not bad, yet I feel shame. I should really have gotten all of those right. Very fun take on the listicle!!!
Love it! Awesome movie quotes. I was doing so good until the Stay Gold question. ;)
AWESOME idea!! I love quizzes :) I only missed one...guess I'm a little bit of an 80's geek.
Great post, Kim!!
Wow, what an awesome post, bet you were/are an excellent teacherfeneur...The Hubby and I had a great time playing the quiz!
Hey, we both did movie quotes! That was a fun quiz and I know I got 10 out of 10, but a few were wonky on me until the 3rd try. Very creative interpretation of this week's theme!
Hee! this is so clever and oh my- do I ever love my 80s movies!!
What a clever idea! Unfortunately, I only got one right and that was a guess. Still, it was fun!
What a fun idea!! I got 900 points! Yay me!!
I have to admit, I still have a crush on LLoyd Dobler;)
What fun! I love pop culture quizzes so much.
Post a Comment