I'm enlisting all able bodies to be on the receiving end of the "all-day cling" in my house!
I love hugs, abrazos, прегръдка, 拥抱, yakap, memeluk, kumkumbatia, kram, ôm.
I bet you didn't know I can speak nine different languages, I didn't either, until now.
If I really did I think I'd be in Brussels with the UN.
I digress; back to my advertisement...
I seriously need arms to hold my two-year-old. She is an angel!
The arms must be strong, however, she is a 30 pound monkey with great toe gripping capabilities.
She gives the neck lots of loving smooches.
She giggles and sings for minutes on end.
She's warm and smells of sweet summer grass and chlorine.
She combs through corkscrew-curly hair of the holder until it is a mass of frizz, on one side of the head.
After awhile you'll forget she is a separate entity as her body will mold to yours until she's an extension of yourself.
And best of all, you get an unending hug of love.
I must forewarn you that she might cry if it is not her mommy's arms that hold her.
You see, I want to hold her, and I do, despite my doctor's disapproval.
But it's getting harder and riskier for me to do so. I'm only 24
If I get no takers, I will send this on to my husband and request that he come home early from his deployment to hold his little girl, who matches her growing clinginess with every inch my belly expands. She knows that soon she won't be the baby of the family by late November, and she's trying to get as much of me as possible in the mean time.
I love my little girl so much. Maybe I won't give up holding her just yet.
But what will I do if I seriously can't pick her up and hold her before my husband gets home?
It honestly is starting to break my heart to see her sad if I can't hold her as long as she wants me to.


4 comments:
24 months, oops, scratch that. Very funny little snippet. The little ones sure do love the hugs, especially the Mommy hugs, just sit and relax and let her hug all she wants.
Of course, all the other things like cooking and taking care of 101 things a day won't quite get the attention they need, but, so what...do what ya gotta do and then keep on hugging the girls.
I only wish my little 36 year old girl was two again to hug all day. Sigh....
I think you look beautiful! She really is sticking out there!
I'm always amazed at how much different EVERY pregnant woman looks .... it astounds me.
I'm Chinese and I can't even read those Chinese words.
This reminded me of when I was pregnant with my 2nd and got too big to carry my 1st. And I didn't actually want to enlist anyone else to carry him either. I love how your tummy looks.
You have one beautiful bump!
When I was pregnant with my 3rd my tummy stuck out so much it looked like a torpedo. During that time I carried my 2nd child up to the last week of pregnancy. I'm still hugging and carrying him (very occasionally) now, he's already 3 years old!
Post a Comment