Your dad.
Your minister.
Your first love.
Your college professor.
Your spouse.
Your neighbor.
The president.
The cafeteria lady.
The prison guard.
The suicidal bomber.
The firefighter.
The homeless man.
The child living in an orphanage.
The tribal member in South America.
The mother who claims she didn't murder her daughter.
Would you read their blogs?
I would. (When I had the time.)
Would there be more honesty or more deception?
Both.
Would privacy cease to exist?
Probably.
Would world peace finally have a chance?
Most definitely. Well, maybe in a Big Brother kind of way...
Blogging is therapeutic. Even if one pretends to be a Syrian lesbian blogger, but turns out to be a married man from the U.S., something is achieved through blogging.
That 'something' might be shock, revelation, seduction, enlightenment, discomfort, love, pain, envy, intrigue, or peace.
Blogging is a way for people to know they are not alone. Even if they don't get comments or followers, bloggers are sending their thoughts, their concerns out into the infinite world of the Internet, not into a journal that is closed at the end of each session.
Okay, so not everyone is going to start a blog, Thank Goodness! But here is a goal:
Get five people who don't blog to each write a post for your blog!
See what happens. We might get one step closer to achieving world peace (or one step closer to closing down shop and moving to a remote place in the forest where even lightbulbs don't exist). Happy posting!
1 comment:
I love the idea of inviting five people in your life who don't blog to contribute as a guest blogger to your site! I'm sure it would convert some more people to blogging. I just wrote about this on my site today as well. Interesting to think how much more dialogue there would be and how much more we could learn from each other!
Post a Comment