4) If you were a super hero, what would your super power be and why?
My super hero power may not be all that super nor heroic, but it's one I would choose today for the sake of my 2 year old and 3 month old daughters: the ability to transport myself and anyone else into books, so we could experience the story as if living in it.
If my blog name doesn't give it away, I imagine my super hero power does: I'm addicted to books. I live and breathe books and writing. If I were a worm I know I would live inside a book.
But to inspire others, especially my children, to love books as deeply as I do, that's a challenge. It thrills me to see my toddler sitting by herself looking at books, studying the illustrations under her nose and mouthing certain words. But I have to remind myself to keep a steady hand on the reins, the day may come when she may not want to read a book (or books for hours on end like I did in my childhood).
So if I could be a super hero I would love to be able to take children (and adults) on journeys into books so they could experience the story with all five senses. Better than a movie, even a 3-d one at that. As characters in the story we could have all kinds of powers: flight, strength, speed, dragon-fighting kung foo...
It's good to dream. Maybe one day I'll publish a book that will inspire my girls to continue to read since their mommy is a writer. For now I just live in the moment of having my two little girls sit on my lap as I read a book to them, over and over again.
10 comments:
What a sweet post. :-)
That would be an interesting superpower. I think it would be fun to jump into Llama's world and hang out with him and his Mama. Watch Eric Carle's caterpillar eat everything in sight. Thanks for sharing and take care.
-Kiki
That would be a fantastic super power!
I love books and writing too, but the first thought I had was to have and give people things they need to make their lives better, which would sometimes be a book(s) or an education.
Not very crative, but maybe I'd wear an angel costume or something to make it more fantasy-like. :)
Oh that would be a good book! I hope you do publish it! My 2 year old LOVES his books..."Read Book" he says, when you are done he says "read again"! I hope I can always inspire that in him!
I'd be willing to bet that you are already inspiring a life long love of books in your daughters.
That is a wonderful ability to want! I would have to agree, and I always worry that people will lose that love of reading as society progresses with all of our electronics!
Wonderfully put!
That would be so cool! I'd like to jump into paintings, too. Thanks for the idea, I did this question too today!
What a fun power!! I definitely would not jump into any No David! books...although they are really cute.
Thank you everyone for stopping by! I definitely didn't consider all books for this power, and the No David books would be one I'd need to wear a helmet and knee pads and more for protection! I'm enjoying reading all of your own posts for this too! So many different ideas :)
Post a Comment