#5.)If you could only focus on three things in life and pursue them fully, leaving everything else, what would they be and why?
1. The interconnection between all living things.
I believe there is an energy that connects us all in nature. I'd love to go with my husband and two daughters in pursuit of living with nature in order to pursue feeling that oneness with all life. It awakens all the senses on a deeper level and makes me feel incredibly alive.
2. Writing and Reading.
I wish I had more time to pursue my writing and to read more books. Life is a bit too busy right now with a two year old and 3 month old to write and read as often as I wish. I'd love to go to a secluded cabin in a mountain for a week to write and read all day and all night, but it wouldn't mean as much to me if I couldn't be with my family. In my wildest of dreams we'd all go and read and write all day long together! ha ha
3. Healing the world one person at a time.
I've always dreamed of trying to bring more peace in the world by participating in Habitat for Humanity, Peace Corps, Teach for America, and more. I'd love to travel to every country and help as many individuals in each country as possible to help them in any way possible. I miss having time to volunteer with organizations that help others.
10 comments:
Those are great things. I more people were more humanitarian.. it wouldnt be such a huge effort on the part of one person.
I look forward to continue reading your blog :)
I love those three organizations Kim! Habitat for Humanity is such a great place. I have seen many homes in the city be built by them and it is always a beautiful thing!
These are great areas of focus Kimberly! I agree with you on the prompts this week, they were awesome!
I've always wanted to do some work with Habitat for Humanity too. They are truly an incredible organization!
you're gonna make me cry. great responses, too. reminds me of the bible study lesson from yesterday -that we are called on to be both righteous and just - giving and protecting of others, particularly the defenseless or voiceless. the efforts you name really remind me of those lessons of taking care of oneself and of others.
have a great day Writer Mama!!
I love all three. Helping others is a great feeling.
I really liked your choices. They are so thoughtful and pretty much include everything needed for a well lived and well examined life.
Sounds good to me!
Thanks everyone for your comments! I feel like I do pursue these things in my daily life, but I wish I had more time and energy to devote to them. In a way raising children fulfills them all for me.
I was JUST saying I'd like to read more books again. Kids and family and work and cooking and BLOGGING, have all really slowed me reading down too. It's so fulfilling though, isn't it!?!
Great post. I choose writing and reading, too.
My response to Mama Kat's writing workshop is HERE.
Post a Comment