My baby is in my arms ALL day long (sometimes I can get her in the sling or swing or crib for maybe 10 minutes or so). My toddler is on my hip (with my baby in my arms) for a couple minutes every hour.
What do you do one-handed? I can count to ten with the things I do. Please add yours in the comments!
- I cook (email me for one-handed recipes; I've created plenty).
- I'm blogging one-handed right now (my baby is sleeping on my chest and I love that warmth).
- I shower (with my toddler on one hip).
- I read (with my toddler on my lap and the baby in my arms).
- I drive with only one hand on the wheel if I need to adjust the mirror to see what my toddler is up to.
- I eat (while feeding and wiping and nursing and sighing).
- I type (this is probably the hardest one on me, to write so slow, often in the dark where I can't see the keys and I hit thr wrong ktys over snd ober again(.
- I tear open mail (rejection letters get my teeth).
- I hug my toddler (this one is hard on me too, but if I've just bounced my baby for 30 minutes to get her back to sleep after being woken up by her big sister, then I can't put her down, so my toddler gets a one-armed hug, but lots of kisses too).
- I get dressed. Maybe it's not the hardest thing to do with only one hand, but it certainly takes the longest.
4 comments:
Um...wow! I can't do half that stuff with one hand! And I'm impressed you can hold a baby and shower without dropping the baby!!! I only have one kid so it wasn't that bad ... hope you get your hands back soon!
that was me too. Ruby was a sling baby and never content to be put down. So, I brushed my teeth, occasionally dried my hair, grocery shopped, pushed a stroller, cleaned up toys, typed, did laundry (except folding), filled and emptied the dishwasher, etc, all with one hand. It DOES get better...eventually. good luck!
....I remember it all too well. I miss carrying them everywhere. I still carry the youngest although it cramps his style to be carried in public. Carry them for as long as possible.
Boy, can I relate! My almost 6 m.o.'s the same way. He's too big for the sling now & too active for the Baby Bjorn. I'd need 5-ft-long arms to eat w/ him in my lap, and he can now pound the keyboard when I'm on the computer. On the plus side, my arms are really ripped from carrying around a 16 lb+ tot all the time. I'll never have to do bicep curls again!
Post a Comment