The blogosphere is buzzing right now of posts from BlogHer attendees! I've been learning a lot from these bloggers, since I did not attend the BlogHer event. One post in particular has been very insightful and I thought I'd share it with you!
Lee at Moms Without Blogs has created a "Top 10 List" that presents some ideas I've never thought of before and some ideas that make so much sense! I hope you enjoy her post.
One item caught my interest: Deep Links.
Deep links involve a blog or website linking to a post of yours from months ago. It increases your rank with Google. That piece of information alone is interesting, but something I find even more fascinating is "How does a blogger get a reader to find (and use) a deep link?"
I can think of 3 ways:
When I stumble upon a new blog that I love I usually read back through several posts (therefore accessing potential deep links if I want to link to these posts in my blog).
When I Google for an idea my results may pull up posts on blogs from months before (therefore accessing potential deep links if I want to link to these posts in my blog).
When writing my own posts I may link to an older post of mine if it provides deeper meaning to my post for the reader, but the reader must use this older post in her blog to make it a deep link.
I'm curious how often bloggers read back through old posts on a person's blog. Sometimes I go back to the first blog of a blogger to read the reason she started blogging. Those posts alone are fascinating. Perhaps I'll discuss more about those posts soon (and sprinkle in a few deep links from bloggers I enjoy reading!)
2 comments:
I usually read through the whole first page of a blog to see if I like them (time permitting). If I like enough of what I read I'll follow or subscribe or mark thier site in some way.
I don't think I deep link though!
Sorry I've been mia of late. I hope everything's going good for you!
Hey there! The baby is beautiful! Hope you are doing well .... I'm off to read more about BlogHer tips!
Post a Comment