Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mama Kat's Writers Workshop

Today is Mama Kat's Writers Workshop, so hop on over to Mama's Losin' It to read what everyone is writing about! Here are my responses to this week's writing prompts...

3.) I'll be happy when ________________.(inspired by Tracy P.)
I'll be happy when my two girls wake up. Of course I'm happy right now since I am getting a lucky start to my day as a writer with them both sleeping, but I'm always happier when they are awake and in my arms. Funny how I want more time to write and read, but how I long during extended moments of writing time for my daughters. They are both within 25 feet of me and I can see them sleeping peacefully on the baby video monitor we have, and yet I can't wait for them to wake up so we can talk and play together!

5.) Show us something you made!(inspired by Janis)

Two things: My little baby (Grace) and the blanket she is wrapped in! She's not so little anymore; already one month old and weighing close to 12 pounds! The blanket won't fit around her body soon, so time to drag out my bags and bags of yarn skeins to begin crocheting a new one!

13 comments:

Liz Mays said...

She's so completely precious!

MIITB said...

What a little cutie! And a georgous blankey too :) You're like a jack of all trades!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed reading this. What a little sweetie!

Sandra said...

Oh my God... I am so done having babies... but seeing your little angel MADE MY OVARIES FLIP FLOP!

How precious!!! I crochet too! Yours is lovely!

I used to want my boys to hurry and wake up too... that was a loooong time ago... b4 they were all teens... LOL!

Unknown said...

Beautiful...no wonder you want her to be awake and in your arms! Thanks for sharing Kim!

Joyce Wolfley said...

gorgeous blanket. I started one for my daughter while I was pregnant and never finished....maybe when I go for baby #2...

Claudya Martinez said...

I feel the same way. I long for more "me" time and then as soon as my daughter falls asleep I miss her.

The blanket you made is great, but Grace is awesome! Your good at making things.

Foursons said...

Love the blanket. And if you want, I'll loan you my 2 rugrats while yours are sleeping. 'Cause ya' know, then you won't be lonely.

dadshouse said...

Was it uncomfortable giving birth to the blanket with the baby wrapped inside? Haha - couldn't resist. Adorable pic! And nice handiwork by you.

Erin said...

Adorable baby! And the blanket is cute too!
I know how you feel, when the boys are asleep, like now, I just want to hold them and love them and I can't wait until they wake up again!

Single Dad Life said...

As they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words.

All three of my kids still have the blankets my mother knitted for them when they were babies. Of course they are in a drawer know since they are now 17,19, and 21, but will always have them!

K said...

Thanks everyone for your comments! Dadshouse you always make me laugh :) It's a good thing I didn't make a really big blanket!!

Farmers Wifey said...

What a gorgeous photo, making me clucky all over again. Love your blog...

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs