
Yay! It's Writers Workshop day at Mama's Losin' It! Join in on the fun!
The Prompts:
1.) Interview a child.(inspired by Quilao Triplets)
An interview with my 23-month-old daughter (yesterday morning):
Me: Good morning Sweetie!
Ayla: Up! Aya up! Mama up! Baby no no!
Me: (placing my newborn on my toddler's bed so I can give Ayla a hug) What would you like to do today Ayla?
Ayla: POO
Me: You want to go to the pool?
Ayla: POO
Me: Oh, okay we can watch Winnie-the-Pooh after we eat breakfast.
Ayla: POO (getting more exasperated)
Me: OH! Poo! You went poo-poo. You want Mommy to change your diaper?
Ayla: YEA! (with a Swedish accent) YEA!!
5.) Create a Help Wanted Ad.(inspired by Jenners)
In dire need of a "mommy-writer helper" who is willing to come at optimal moments of my toddler's happy-state-of-mind (so at a moments notice). Must be capable of playing with a toddler who runs and dances and climbs up on windowsills continuously. Must be capable of preventing falls and crashes. And should be willing to kiss boo-boos even if they occur on big toes, bum bums, and runny noses. Seeking a mommy-writer helper to spend 2-3 hours a week with my toddler so I can write! If you have a friend who is also a mommy-writer helper that can take care of my newborn for 2-3 hours (I'll have to pop in to nurse her), then you're both hired!
11 comments:
Very nice post.
Our posts are very, very similar this week lol
LOL! "Poo!" too funny!!
Love the conversation! So many options for Poo! : )
And loved your want ad! I think I would like the same thing ... if they could only show up when I wish it and then diappear when I'm done...and no pay required either!
Love the want ad! How about I send over my toddler and they can occupy each other?
I miss some parts of having really little ones (my youngest is 8), but that's one part I don't miss. I love being able to have real conversations with my children...it's the best part of the stage we are in right now. My 10 year old likes to chat about everything...what he's reading, his friendships, how cool the new leggo ship he just made is.... I love it.
But, I do miss the smell of new babies and that cuddling thing they do under your chin *sigh*
Duh Mom..poo! Very cute. I hope you find someone to hire soon!
Our neighbors two granddaughters are living with her this summer and they are interested in babysitting! So maybe I will get them to watch my girls 1-2 hours a week so I can write. That's all I can bare since any more time away from my daughters is too hard on me. Maybe I need to write an ad for someone to help my children have time away from their mommy!
sign me up! Myself and my friend Kitty like kids. I'm sure I could rope her in. and while toes FREAK me out little kid toes are ok. They haven't had time to get used as much as grown up toes.
you moms sure are hiring this week. you guys are a job seekers lotto
Your discovery of meaning was just wonderful!!! And I think watching that sweet one so that you could write would be a priceless blessing!
Nothing like GOOD MORNING, mom! Right?!
This was the sweetest thing. POO! They are so lovely when they are just learning to talk. And I love it that mothers know exactly what their kids are saying, even if others don't...
Post a Comment