
Hop on over to Mama's Losin' It to join in on the fun! For my TGIFs meme prompts, scroll down after this post!
The Prompts:
4.)Tell us about your blogline...how long have you been blogging, when did you start, what were/are your goals for your blog, etc.(inspired by Corn)
Several months after the birth of my first daughter I found myself needing to reach out into the community of writer-mamas. As a writer, I also decided blogging would serve as a springboard into writing each day. Over a year has gone by and my blog still serves as a daily journal entry for me, but it has also taken on a deeper meaning.
The goal of my blog is to stretch my mind and the minds of my readers to think outside the box about the relationship between writing and motherhood. From the tiniest of details of mothering moments to philosophical realizations I gain over periods of time, being a mother and a writer is a complimentary relationship.
Recently I have begun brainstorming and planning a new blog. My second blog is titled "The Motherhood Muse" and it will be a source for writer-mamas to go to for literary writing workshops and publishing opportunities! So stay tuned!
8 comments:
A second blog??? Kudos to you!! I can't imagine finding the time to keep up with 2. I can barely keep up with one!! (I sound like I'm complaing but I'm not. I love my blog and think I might be officially addicted to it.) Well, that and Diet Coke!
Hallie :)
This is great Kimberly! I will look forward to the birth of your second blog too!
Blogging helps me feel connected in this solitary world of writing
And - I am learning lots!
What a great reason to start a blog : ). Wonderful ideas! Writing is so theraputic, isn't it?
I Love to write, but find myself always writing about my boys, I hope no one gets bored of that! I don't! =)
I'm a bit of a shut'in with my asthma and I am really enjoying my days reading and meeting everyone.
I too am working on a new blog. It will be kind of a service one to help heal broken hearts. You are all so talented. I don't have allot to write about, I haven't given out allot of information. I don't want to embarras the adult kids I have.
I love your answer! As you mentioned when you visited my blog, I think blogging is the perfect complement to motherhood -- it enhances your brain and helps you to maintain that creative side of you that might suffer in the day-to-day mundaneness that so much of mothering is. Plus it is a great way to stay in touch with others who are in the same boat you are! Great post!
I love your answer to the prompt, and I look forward to reading more of your blog. And another blog, wow, good for you......
Post a Comment