
Happy Friday everyone! It's my hubby's birthday today, so I'm feeling extra thankful today that my "what if I never meet the right man" worries never saw light. Now I have fun imagining "what if we do this today and that tomorrow together."
For today's TGIFs, I chose (1) If I had time to create a homemade gift for someone...
I would gather up all of my oil and acrylic paints (checking first to see if they are still viable or dried and cracked up), craft supplies (endless boxes and bags of stickers, glitter, stamps, mosaic tiles, stain glass chips, beads, markers, crayons, pencils, etc), scrapbook paper, and yarn (my addiction, coming in second only to books and journals).
My kitchen table would be magically cleared away of my daughter's sticky lunch remains, finger paint papers, and recipes torn out of magazines.
My house would be empty except for the subtle sounds of Jack Johnson coming from our iPOD.
My creative juices would be at an all-time high, empowered from a full night's sleep, a healthy breakfast, and a good long run during which I achieved my best time ever.
And I would create. Something. Anything. For my husband for his birthday today. His joy over my creation would be minor compared to his exultation that I finally FINALLY used up all of my paints, craft supplies, papers, and yarn that have accompanied us on four moves from Tennessee to Japan to Virginia to Canada to Virginia.
"HOORAY! I'm the luckiest man on Earth today. This is the best birthday gift I could ever ask for."
But what to make for him next year I ponder as I spy a coupon for 20% off at Michael's.
Enjoy the big and small "What If" moments in your mind today!
Thank Goodness IFs:
(1) If I had time to create a homemade gift for someone. . .
(2) If I was asked to write a memoir. . .
(3) If I could invite one person to Starbucks with me. . .
(4) If I had controlled my emotional outburst. . .
(5) If I danced a little bit more, sang a little bit louder, and played a little bit longer. . .
7 comments:
That sounds like a really fantastic 'what if'. Here's hoping it comes true someday.
And, happy birthday to your sweetheart. I have one of those really wonderful ones, too. What a blessing :)
That sounds like a gift I would love to receive too. Happy Birthday to your hubby and I can totally relate to the joy that comes from knowing we're done looking and wondering!
God bless you all!
Hey, I love Jack JOhnson, too! Have you tried Pandora Radio??
sorry! I spazzed!
kennedyswith2girls.blogspot.com
Doesn't Mr Linky know today is TGIFs!! Come on!
Happy Birthday to your husband! What a joyful post!
Sorry, I forgot to leave my URL...I kept coming back to find Mr. Linky and then finally saw your comment that he wasn't going to be making an appearance!
http://weightbgone07.blogspot.com/
Thanks everyone! Mr. Linky was down yesterday, so I'm glad you left your links here. I was in and out of the doctor's office all day yesterday since it was my baby's due date, so I'm sorry I didn't get to comment yet on your posts!
Post a Comment