Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mama Kat's Writers Workshop

Yay for Thursday at Mama's Losin' It! One of my favorite blogging opportunities is Mama Kat's Writers Workshop. This is my third week participating, so here goes...

The Prompts:

1.) Share a love letter. My first thought happened to be a letter my grandfather wrote to my grandmother after meeting her for the first time on a city street corner in Chicago, which I'd love to share with you but it's currently residing with my younger sister so I need to ask her to email it to me!

So in lieu of my grandfather's poetic letter, I will present the following love letter: A.

A for Ayla, my Amazing little girl,
who Always fills me with Amazement with her
Awesome hugs,
Adorable kisses, and
Adventurous spirit.

2.) Memorial Day Weekend plans?? Do share!
If I'm lucky I will go into labor! But I went 10 days overdue with my daughter, so I'm not holding my breath. I'll certainly be out walking, driving over bumps, and eating eggplant since those are the recommendations I've received from old wives! If you know of any others, please send them on to me in the comments! I'll be grateful.

12 comments:

Nori Duran said...

Thanks so much for passing by.

I used to hear about it, that blogging was addictive, but I never believed it. Look at that. It is great though, isn't.

Oh, and that love letter, omy goodness! I can see why that has such a special place in your heart. Its so sweet.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I like the love letter, so sweet. Hoope you go into Labor soon:)

Unknown said...

That is a very sweet love letter! Good luck this weekend, I hope you have a Memorial Day baby!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet poem : ). I love little girls! They are so fun! And I love grandfathers : ). How nice of yours to inspire you and this poem!

Melissa said...

A is for Awwwwww. Too cute.

Good luck with the labor! I just showed up at the hospital with my 2nd two days before he was due with mild contractions and convinced my doctor to just induce. It was August, I was HUGE, bloated, and wasn't leaving anyway:)

Looking forward to tomorrows what ifs!!

Corey Schwartz said...

What a sweet love letter. My second came a week early Went into labor at 3:00 AM, seven hours before my scheduled C-section!

Jenni said...

I ma sending you some Memorial Day LABOR thoughts, Kimberly!

Claudya Martinez said...

Yay, your post is sponsored by the letter "A"! Love it!

Good luck with labor.

I thought you might enjoy this article about a "labor-enducing pizza":
http://www.skipolinispizza.com/prego.php

Roxane said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog last week! Sorry i'm so late in returning the favor, but I guess better late than never :)

I liked your idea for the Love Letter... I didn't know what to write for that one! Hope labor comes your way soon! One of my friends was overdue and she bounced on an exercise ball for 3 hours and her water broke...(i'm not a doctor but heck it might be worth a bounce!)

K said...

I'm glad you all found the love letter cute, my daughter is the center of my universe and it humbles me to be her mama, but I wasn't sure if my love letter was corny :) But the letter A does have a more special meaning for me now! Our daughter soon to be born will have a name starting with G, so I imagine that letter too will become quite significant to me!

Jen said...

for your sake, I hope you go into labor soon too.

Margo said...

I'll be pulling for you with the labor thing. Wouldn't it be great if labor day could be on memorial day? Sorry, couldn't help myself there :)

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs