Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Literary Magazines for the Writer-Mama

Many magazines have come and gone in times of economic hardship, but fortunately they leave a lasting impression by their lingering websites or lasting hardcopies. While researching various magazines for the writer-mama I have come across a few that continue to produce and some that have gathered cobwebs. Below are four magazines and their descriptions that are in operation today and produce fantastic literature!




Mom Writer's Literary Magazine - http://momwriterslitmag.com/

This magazine offers writers and mothers a place to find inspiration from reading literature about motherhood and children. From poetry to stories to interviews, MWLM reaches every type of writer and reader. In addition, they have writing contests and blogs that encourage a writer-mama to pursue her passion of writing.



MotherVerse - http://www.motherverse.com/

Writer-mamas will find this literary magazine a source of cultural pieces that span the entire world while maintaining at its heart the experience of motherhood. Fiction, poetry, essays, reviews and more make up the bulk of this magazine. Mothers have at their fingertips a comprehensive list of resources that will help them pursue answers to their questions. Meanwhile, writers will find numerous writing workshops available to them.



Women on Writing WOW! - http://wow-womenonwriting.com/

This e-zine for writer-mamas contains the type of information and advice that helps the writer-mama to improve her writing. The articles in each issue provide insightful ideas that help the writer in this increasingly competitive market. The information in this ezine comes from and reaches not only writers but also editors, publishers, agents, and every type of reader.

Literary Mama - http://www.literarymama.com/

I recently found this one and am still exploring the contents of its website! The works of literature produced by writer-mamas in this magazine are exceptionally written yet very personal and approachable. Their blog appears to be as equally well-written, so I'm looking forward to exploring it as well.

So far these are the magazines I have found for the writer-mama that continue to be in operation, for which I am very grateful since they bring inspiration and understanding to me as a writer-mama! I hope other writers and mothers will find these magazines to be as helpful to them as well!

No comments:

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs