Monday, September 16, 2013

10 Things I Have a Crush On

When my husband's ship is out to sea and our three girls are screaming banshees and our dog won't stop barking and this darn headache won't diminish, I have a crush or two or three on life...

1. squeeze - my now size ten feet into my old size nine shoes, still defeated
2. crumple - the remains of my daughter's Goldfish crackers under my big feet
3. crease - all of my clothes; did I ever have time to iron?
4. deform - sadly, my face when my girls wake me at 5 after being up during the night with them
5. pulverize - seriously, my brain at the end of the long, long day after a long sleepless night

But there's hope, there's wine and chocolate, there's a good book, there's my husband's ship on the horizon (anchored), there's bedtime, and then I have a serious crush or two or three on life...

6. adore - my daughters laughing at one another over breakfast
7. admire - myself for holding it altogether, getting the laundry done, keeping the house clean, and still finding time to manage my business
8. desire - my evenings to write, to work, to read
9. yearn - more time at the gym, as I'm so glad I finally joined
10. love - my husband and our girls all being together Sunday morning in bed before he heads to the ship

And thank you to The Good Life for bringing back into the swing of lists and Monday Listicles!




3 comments:

Stacey said...

I love how you did your list! I hope your headache gets better and you continue to be able to hold it all together!

Unknown said...

Is your husband in the Navy? I was a Navy brat...that's why I asked. Happy Monday.

CLR said...

Love your spin to the crush list! Very creative!! Wow, I taught for several years in a Naval area and those Moms...bless 'em. Bless you!! That is so hard. Thank you for YOUR sacrifice!

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs