Wednesday, June 8, 2011

10 Things You Wouldn't Know About Me, And Not Sure You Want To

  1. I steal a couple of bites of my daughters' cotton candy Dippin' Dots before I serve it to them. Who knew cotton candy ice cream could taste so good!
  2. My feet are in shambles. After living in the rain forest for 2 years and then biking every day in rainy Yokosuka, Japan for 1.5 years, my feet deteriorated in the moisture. 
  3. I have six bookcases full of books (what else), but I haven't finished reading probably 1/4th of those books. I either get distracted or I get bored.
  4. I feel so guilty that I don't work hard to keep up long-distance friendships. As a result, I have very few friends that I talk with often.
  5. I never learned long and short vowels, so I am a terrible speller. 
  6. I love Scrabble, but when it comes to writing those nifty, perfect words elude me and I get stuck using words like "nice, beautiful, looked, moved..."
  7. When the creative juices flow, I can write 1,000s of words in a span of a few hours without the pen picking up once. (But this only happens to me about once a month if I'm lucky)
  8. My girls are watching a third episode of Max & Ruby, so I can write and read blogs right now.
  9. I no longer fear dying from cancer (my #1 fear growing up). Now I fear child abduction and human trafficking. How could I ever keep living if this happened to my children?
  10. I'm a nail biter. It comes and goes, usually brought on by writer's block or nerves.

So, is anyone brave enough to share a secret about yourself here in the comments?!?!

    2 comments:

    Alison said...

    I pull white hairs when I tell my hairdresser that I do no such thing!

    Anita said...

    I have loads of books, too. In the past, most have come from book stores. Then a few years ago, I began adding more from yard sale purchases. And now, I've another source. I get them from the library sale held 2 or 3 times a year, which includes books on tape. Now that all kids have been in school several years, I can listen to books, alone, while in my car.
    Also, I was given a Nook last year. Initially, I was resistant to the eBook, but have since read a handful of books and have liked doing so.
    I like keeping my books on my shelves so that I can see them and remember the stories and lives; that is the only disadvantage of the eBook - can't pass by a shelf and see what I've read or have yet to read. But, it's cutting down my book clutter! :)

    My 11 year old and I have begun to play Scrabble. I think she will be very good when she's older. I like it a lot, too.

    I could go on, but I'll stop here. :)

    Good list.

    Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs