Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Where Do I Go From Here...

I don't know if I can get back into blogging, but with my husband deployed and my two little girls playing more often together and not needing me I am feeling, well, a bit bored to be honest. Too unmotivated at times to just pull out my writing notebook to write away for however many minutes I get, too tired to clean the house to a perfect state, and too lonely for doing anything alone.

I miss adult conversations. So I thought "perhaps I should try bringing my blog back to life." I teetered away from it a year ago when I created The Motherhood Muse. But The Motherhood Muse is closing due to lack of interest, which makes me sad because I really loved creating and publishing a digital magazine consisting of literature about mother nature and motherhood.

I miss communicating with writers and mothers. Yes, maybe I should begin to blog again. But I remember it was a bit distracting before, taking time away from my writing time. But then I initially started my blog to springboard me into writing everyday, which worked as I published more after I started my blog.

Okay, so here goes, maybe, my blog: Zook Book Nook. A blog where I can write about being a mom, a writer, a Navy wife, and a woman still trying to feel like I accomplished something for me at the end of each day. Yes, I'm feeling better already.

4 comments:

Anita said...

Welcome back Kimberly!

I've thoroughly enjoyed blogging since I started over two years ago; and have had different feelings about how much time I spend with it, but never bored.

I've learned to not put pressure on myself to post, respond, or to read everyone else's blog, and that seems to be working for me.

I hope you'll reconnect with your past bloggy friends and make new ones. The online companionship should be comforting and distracting during some of your challenging times while your husband is away.

I enjoyed your past posts and hope to read more in the future.

Loren said...

Hi Kim,
Thinking of you and hoping you do go back to your blog. I am having trouble setting aside time for creative writing too. :) I think blogging is important for both of us.

K said...

Wow! Thank you Anita and Loren for writing to me and encouraging me. I am quite shocked that anyone read my post. I just got done updating my blogroll and found so many blogs or sites no longer functioning, so I assumed my blog for others had drifted off into the outer space of the blogsphere. So thank you for reconnecting with me!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see the little 1 next to your blog in my reader again. I understand how hard it is to write sometimes with all that is going on with life and everything else. I'm glad you are back at it. I know how hard it was for you to have to let go of the magazine. I think the fact that you even got it out there was a big feat and something you should really be proud of.

I can't wait to see what books you're going to recommend of what writing tips you'll be handing out, no matter how often that happens.

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs