Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Top Ten for Summertime Blaaahgs

During the month of August many bloggers have been blogging about fewer visitors, shorter comments, and drops in followers. I call it the Summertime Blaaahgs. It's happened to me and I'm also one of the bloggers who you haven't seen on your blog lately, so I thought I'd tell you why because I do like your blog and I do enjoy blogging. It's just the Summertime Blaaahgs.

How I Got Hit by the Summertime Blaaahgs
  1. First, I gave birth to my second daughter in June.
  2. Before her birth I scheduled several blog posts, but with a newborn I began to not visit every blog on my blogroll every day.
  3. By mid-June I had developed a new project (I'll post about it soon) that quickly swallowed up all my free time.
  4. By July I was really into summer activities and a routine with my newborn and toddler, so I visited even fewer blogs and commented a lot less.
  5. By August I was posting only 1-3 blogs a week instead of every day and I did not get to comment on the blogs of individuals who left comments on my blog.
  6. Family vacations (planning, going, recovering) definitely took time away from the Internet, and the time away made me realize maybe I had been spending too much time blogging.
  7. Slow down in blogosphere - many other bloggers have also slowed down the frequency of posts so I continued to slow down as well.
  8. Reading but not commenting - many times I read blogs but don't leave a comment. Some times it's because one of my daughters wakes up before I can comment, but many times it's because I can't think of anything to say. My mommy brain has become a bit soft in the summer heat.
  9. Now it's mid-August and I am realizing that some blogs I used to read every day have changed over the summer, so I don't stop by to read them as much. They are still fantastic blogs, but not necessarily ones that click with me.
  10. My own blog has had highs and lows depending on my dedication to it. I'm creating a new blog and giving more of myself to it and the website for my new project, so I haven't done as much with this blog.

Summer is coming to an end! I love the fall for many reasons, one of them being the excitement of a new school year. I believe the Summertime Blaaahgs will come to an end with all of the children back in school. My toddler and baby aren't in school obviously, so I may not get any more time for blogging, but I hope to start commenting more on everyone's blogs!!

Did you get a case of the Summertime Blaaahgs? Why? Are you in recovery mode yet? Share your blaaahg moments with me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know that I caught a case of the summer blahhhgs, but I have slowed down on my own posting. I used to be pretty diligent about posting close to every day but have also learned, in my short season of blogging, that leaving a post up for a few days gives others an opportunity to see it. I have gotten busy though and haven't been able to comment on as many as I'd like to. I suspect that will also get better!

Looking forward to learning about your big project!

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Yes I got hit by the blog blahhs as well. It's been so busy with so many things and I also have been reading but not commenting. I'm sure I'll get back into it once school starts and I have some free time. I noticed my own blog posts have been eh of late though I keep at it for some reason.

Let me know when you announce that BIG project alright ;) ?

Corey Schwartz said...

Yes. I was going to post about it today. With camp over and school not beginning for another three weeks, I definitely can't keep up!

Anonymous said...

Kim-you should have definatly put the P.O.S. blogger stamp on your page....I have one! Em over a life liberty and pursuit started the chain....I guess we all return to normal in sept right when summer ends. And I think we all read in the summer and forget to post comments; time is short. hope you are enjoying the remainder of summer! :)
NLSM

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm very curious about this new project of yours. I hope you will share details and I wish you much success.

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs