You are the first place winner of the third photo-writing June Bug contest for your entry!
Please send me your snail mail address and I will send you your prize, a $15 gift card to Starbucks! Thank you for participating and for writing such a beautiful poem! I feel like I can step into this world just by reading your words!
Here is Karrie's winning entry:
Wooded lot, new carpet, dishes provided
by Karrie McAllister

To build a fairy house, one must first
Think just like a fairy.
Things that sparkle, things that glitter,
All colors light and airy.
Make sure to add a touch of moss
For their dainty little feet.
Add flowers for some decoration
And to make the air smell sweet.
Prepare to serve your fairy guests
With tiny cups of tea,
Provide them with cups and saucers,
In natural community.
But be prepared, as fairies go,
These mysterious little creatures
Come in all shapes and sizes,
Complexions, facial features.
For when you build a fairy house
Or fairy hut or tent,
You’re welcoming the fairy world
And you never know who’ll rent.
No comments:
Post a Comment