Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mama Kat's Writers Workshop

Click on Mama Kat to jump on over to her Writers Workshop today! She's got a whole set of excellent prompts to inspire your blog muse...

1.) What is your life's anthem... From childhood scrapes and bruises to adolescent woes and joys to adulthood discoveries and falling in love, the song of my life has always been "My Favorite Things" by Oscar Hammerstein II and Richard Rogers. I simply remember my favorite things every day of my life, whether I am in the middle of writing or playing with my daughter or snuggling with my husband. Life has its ups and downs for everyone, but this song makes me want to sing no matter what I am feeling or experiencing.

On that note...

5.) List ten things that make you HAPPY...
  1. Watching my daughter shriek with pure joy when my hubby walks in the door after a long day at work.
  2. Watching my hubby's face light up with the ultimate expression of love when he sees our daughter's happiness at the sight of him.
  3. Listening to my daughter talk to the baby inside my belly.
  4. Feeling my baby kick and move inside of me.
  5. Spending Christmas morning with my entire family.
  6. Knowing when I've written a manuscript that is good.
  7. Hiking outside in nature with my hubby and daughter.
  8. An extra hour of writing or reading time when my daughter decides to take a longer nap than usual.
  9. Playing with children alongside my daughter.
  10. Realizing how lucky I am to have such a healthy life and loving family.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your list! Those are very sweet things. I also love the song, "The Sound of Music" is one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Your list is fantastic : ). Just perfect. Love that his face lights up when she lights up. Isn't that the sweetest?

Christy said...

Ditto to Kaison - that is the sweetest thing to see I'm sure! And I don't know why I didn't think of "favorite things" when I was posting mine! I hum that a lot!

Jen said...

I like your anthem! Great song.

Copyright 2011 Zook Book Nook | Designed by: NW Designs